Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Five reasons you need a gym buddy

If you have ever tried working out alone you know it can prove to be a challenge at times. At least it is for me! I know there is no way I could ever get a decent work out in by myself, especially since I am still learning so much about lifting. I would be all over the gym, literally. Bouncing from machine to machine. Thank the good lord for husbands who gym! Mine has become my favorite gym partner.



You need someone to push you.
We all have our days when our head is just not in it, you need that person who is going to motivate you and push you to finish. Who will help you set new personal records and drive you to be better than you were yesterday.

Sometimes you'll need a spotter. 
If you are going hard in the gym chances are at some point you are going to need a spot. Don't be crazy and hurt yourself trying to out do it, if you need help getting the weight up ask your friend to spot you! Heck, even my husband ask me to spot him here and there- I am not confident in the fact that I could be of any help if he needed it, but I think its just a mental thing for him when he is going REALLY heavy. 

You can learn new techniques. 
Everyone does things a little different than the next person. I have learnt SO much from working out with my husband. While I love working out with him, I am eager to meet new people and learn things from their work out. 

Accountability. 
Its easy to give up on yourself and goals when its only you watching. Having a person to hold you accountable helps a TON! A gym friend will be there to make sure you don't bail on working out that day because they are counting on you to go with them. 

Its a good time to catch up. 
Life gets hectic and some times its hard to make time to see our friends. Working out with them makes this a bit easier to do. You are getting your exercise in to be physically healthier and your getting time to socialize with people you love which helps you mentally. Killing two birds with one stone. 

Maybe you are the type of person who enjoys working out alone, which is totally fine. I personally KNOW I need a gym buddy, I am much more productive when I have some one there to help push me through out my workout. Plus, when you spend all day home with toddlers, you NEEEED some adult conversation while lifting some heavy weights. Which ever you prefer, the important part is that  you got your work out in.

Drop a comment below, which do you prefer? Working out alone or with a partner?


1 comment:

  1. Both just depends the day and my mood. But typically alone and at home lol.

    ReplyDelete