Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Influencers | Finding Motivation on Social Media

If you are reading this the chances are pretty high that you have a social media account of some sort. I  know I have been 'online' since I was in high school. While my reasonings for having social media have changed through out the years, I don't use it the same way I once did, I still have many accounts that I use for different purposes. You know, snapchat for lip-singing with fun filters in the car. Facebook to make sure my Grandma can see pictures of the kids and I can stay nosey in my friends lives. Then Instagram, I use this as of lately to find fitness motivation.

Along the way on this 'mom bod journey' I found that Instagram is a pretty awesome tool to use. You can look up so many hashtags for things like "meal prepping", "leg day workout", "mom fitness" and bookmark them too look back on. I mean the results and possibilities really are endless.  But thats not what I want to focus on in this post. What I want to give credit to are the awesome ladies who PROMOTE people loving themselves, and working towards THEIR GOALS.

I have a few profiles that I really enjoy following, and my favorite thing about them is they are normal girls who live in the same town as me, showing that YOU can live a fit lifestyle. They don't sell fitness supplements so there is no pressure to try or buy anything, their post are not paid ads. They don't judge you, they actually try to be as helpful as they can be. These are the profiles women who are starting out in the gym need. These type of women are the kind that LIFT people up and show them- hey you can do this too!

The first profile is Kristen. (Ka_ris10) I actually went to high school with her, but I am pretty sure she was WAY smarter than I was and took much harder classes then I did, so our path's never really crossed. We became friends on IG kinda through the whole "people you may know" aka everyone you went to high school with gets added method. But I am really glad we did! Not only is she a therapist at the VA (which honestly, is amazing in itself), but a figure competitor, and she has issues with her belly like I do. Anytime I have a question about working out she is more than helpful, which is a becoming a rarity among women these days. Among her bangin' body the girl loves to throw down on Oreos and doughnuts, basically a girl after my own heart.  If you are working towards a competition or ever want to compete she needs to be on your friends list.


Next is Aubrie. (dolledupdumbbells) I've never met Aubrie in person, although our paths have crossed at the gym, and we grew up in the same town with mutual friends. I found her Instagram when I was looking at Kristen's, surprise-surprise! Aubrie is super motivational and has TONS of info on healthy eating. I like her profile because she is raw, she will tell you what she is doing and why she is doing it, the benefits in doing it and why the other ways may not work. I have learned a lot about eating while working out from her post. Also, how to warm up a meal on the dash of my car if I ever needed to! The girl is hilarious on her snapchat and IG stories.  I think the best thing about her profile is how relatable she is, she is there to show you that if she can do it, you can too! She goes to school, runs her own Rodan and Fields business, and was a people's choice winner in a body space competition. If you are looking for someone who is authentic this is definitely a girl you should be following.


I enjoy following people who are just like me. It can be super discouraging when looking for motivation from people who are judgmental and put themselves on a pedal stool. Even though these ladies don't know me personally, they have made an impact on my fitness journey. I too wanted to motivate others to become a healthy, better version of themselves. I fell in love with working out and now understand why people have dedicated their lives to a fitness lifestyle. Get on your social media and find the influencers that work for you! People that you enjoy watching and learning from. Remember not to compare yourself to them, to take what they say and apply it to work for yourself. It really is amazing the things you can learn from people who are passionate about empowering and teaching others.

Thats my goal, to one day be a woman/mother others look to for empowerment and motivation. Like I have said so many times, I am no fitness guru, just a mom who fell in love with weightlifting. But with help from women like Aubrie and Kristen, I have found a voice in the social media community.


No comments:

Post a Comment