Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Surrender | Living with a Threenager and "Terrible Two" Year Old


Y’all- I have the best kids, ever. They are compassionate to others, caring, have amazing manners for their age, CUTE but don’t let that stuff fool you, they. are. crazy!

I am home all day, every day, with my two toddler girls. Kyler is three and Charlee is two. You’d think it would be a smooth, simple task. That they would keep one another busy playing, watching their favorite princess movies, dress up, ya know all the normal things toddlers SHOULD do. Nope. Not these girls.


I am proud to be raising kinda independent young girls. I say kinda because they do rely on me for many things like food for survival and ensuring they wipe their butt properly after using the bathroom. But I think I get independent and headstrong confused when it comes to these two.

Before I became a mother I never knew how quickly I could be mentally over ran by toddlers. Physically at times too! They are master minuplulators, extremist, ticking emotional time bombs. And I have TWO of them walking around my home. DAILY! #jesusfixit

My three year old, bless her heart. She keeps me in line. She is my stubborn, older than her years, stern but sweet girl. She will say something so sweet like “mommy, you are the best mommy ever!” (Seriously, her exact words one time. #swoon) but then whip back at me with “you are so mean!” as hot tears run down her face because I forgot to get her a glass of milk for the seventh time this morning. She does things like color on walls or put eye shadow on our couch but blame her baby sister. Grabs toys out of her sister’s hand but profusely says sorry when she is caught. Has AT LEAST one PMS worthy mental break down a day leaving me wondering for my own sanity.

The two year old, lord help me.  No like for real. Help. This child y’all. She keeps me on my toes. She is tiny and MIGHTY! Not scared of a thing in the world. I used to see articles about children being found outside after wandering out of the home, and judge the parents. Like, how could you not know your kid left the house. Charlee gave me clarity on this. She will walk out of the house to go see the cat next door with no regard to strangers. Run out into the parking lot just because she knows it makes me crazy, and laugh as I chase her. If I ask her to do almost anything she puts her little finger up and request “one second!” She can climb pretty much anything. Walls, backs of couches, counter tops. If you see a news report about a young mother having a heart attack it was me! She demands coffee almost as soon as her eyes open, and lord help me if we are out of creamer that day. (Her version is milk with a splash of coffee cream)



Once you get these two together is a done deal. They will fight. Play. Run around the house. Gang up on me. Demand YouTube slime videos until they eventually pass out on the couch together. These girls are not for the faint of heart. They are hilarious to watch and be around and I am so blessed they are mine. No day is the same, each presents its own challenges and I question my sanity on the regular. They fight, they cry- a lot, they whine, and I contimplate waving the little white flag to surrender. Then I remember, they are looking up at me as an example. I need to teach them things like patience, understanding, and the list goes on. So yeah, they drive me absolutely crazy from day to day, but I cant imagine my life any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment