Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Feed me Friday | Eating better while working out

Who loves to eat, raise your hand! (hand raise) Who loves to eat junk, fast food, candy, cake.. did I miss anything? (Double hand raise!!) Let me tell you, I love pizza and pretty much every carb on the face of this planet. But when starting my new healthy lifestyle I knew I needed to take a break from my terrible eating habits. 

To be VERY clear-- I do not diet. I have changed my eating habits for two reasons. One. I wanted to see a change in my body and I couldn't do so shoving burgers down my throat (let's be real hahaha). Two. My Crohn's disease desperately needed it. Also, I'm extremely lazy when it comes to cooking so meal prepping for a week makes my life sooo much easier! 

Once I started eating better it became almost like an addiction because I started FEELING better. Finding recipes on Pinterest, trying to "out do" my meals from the week before. I will admit, I don't enjoy the actual PREP process but it pays off in the end. 
Trust and believe I still have my cravings for sweets/pizza and I do give in. Because I want to have a happy relationship with food. I try to have balance,  if I have done well with my workouts and eating I will treat myself. Or if I eat something from fast food I make sure to do a little extra cardio in the gym that day or try to do heavier weight.  
Below are some of my FAVE recipes that make delicious lunches and dinners! I usually fast for breakfast to give my intestines rest, but I have a super good Greek yogurt recipe I'll share with you! 

Two of my favorite go to meals are:
-crack slaw 
Low in carbs, high protein and taste REALLY good. If you like egg rolls try this!! There are so many recipes online, just google "crack slaw" and boom!

-Taco bowls 
Who doesn't love chipotle?! Make these when you have a hankering for Mexican food. Brown rice • Shredded beef or chicken • Black beans & corn • salsa • Avocado 

For breakfast I like Greek yogurt mixed with a little cheesecake pudding mix, with strawberries and granola. You'll love it, it's so good! 

I am always looking for new recipes to try, leave me a comment letting me know some of your favorite meals! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment