Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mom Blog meets fitness | Welcome to Diapers and Dumbbells

Fitness was never my thing. My husband on the other hand could spend HOURS in the gym. That was until recently. 

 My body carried three beautiful babies back to back to back. I was literally pregnant every year since 2014. My oldest is three, my middle is one and a half,  and youngest is four months. But this isn't the only "hardship" (I say that loosely because I LOVE being pregnant) my body has taken. 

After having my second child I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. This is an autoimmune disease that effects your intestines, but could also damage any part of your digestive system. Mine is quite severe and even after a surgery in 2016 to remove part of my colon, I have to take a biological medicine call
ed Remicade. These are chemotherapy infusions that I receive every 8 weeks. Crohn's at one point made it very hard for me to keep on weight, and I realized after I dropped to 139lbs at 5ft6inch how sickly I looked. I was not toned, I was like a thick girl skeleton. I was not happy, my clothes fell off and no matter how hard I tried I was still malnourished. 

My husband is a soldier in the Army so fitness has always been a thing for him. He loves to lift heavy and be in the gym. I tried many times early in our marriage to go with him but I never could catch that same type of gym addiction he had. I was never really over weight or super unhappy with my body, I just never had the motivation inside myself to work out. I always felt judged in the gym, which I am sure many women can relate to that feeling.  Of course this was all prior to my diagnosis. In the peak of figuring out my disease I literally had no energy for anything other than taking care of my girls. 

Flash forward to 2017, I just had our third and final baby in February. My husband came home from deployment and after a few months of him being gone we needed an outlet to reconnect. Not to mention, I needed OUT of this house and some kid free time. 

Enter my new love for gym time. 

I work out as many times I can during the week. I LOVE weightlifting with my husband, our girls enjoy going to the child care provided and seeing the improvement to my health is awesome too! I am strictly going to the gym as a hobby, I don't want to be super strict with myself because I don't want to loose the happiness I am finding in this new outlet. So remember that when you follow this blog, I am working out for fun and to just be healthy! 

I find myself scrolling through Instagram for workouts, meal plans, motivation etc. so my plan for this blog is to share what I learn in the gym, tips or about fitness in general on here for any mom (or person) who is in the same boat as me! 

Happy reading, and leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! 




No comments:

Post a Comment