Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Falling off the Wagon

 I knew the day was going to come when I ran out of steam. Going from business owner, mom of three littles, military wife and the gym there wasn't much left of me to stretch. 


In July my son came down with pneumonia and after a LONG night in the emergency room, little to no sleep and a very sick baby I finally crumbled. If you have ever had a sick baby you know the challenge it is to nurse them back to their healthy self- pneumonia is a million times harder. 


I fell completely off the wagon. I stopped going to the gym, I picked up my old terrible eating habits, every single thing I had worked so hard to get started to vanish, and now is completely gone. 


I haven't been to the gym in a month, I eat poorly, I've gained weight, I don't feel good. Life is kicking my ass and I am just taking it at this point. Instead of rising up and motivating others I have taken the back seat out of embarrassment. How am I supposed to run a fitness mom blog if I am not even in the gym. Where is my motivation I had earlier this summer?! 


I'm not sure where the girl I was a few weeks ago is hiding, but I desperately need her back. 


I have put my business and kids on the front burner and that's totally okay, but I need to remember my preaching and take my own advice, I need my hobby too! My health and body image are important too! Self love is IMPORTANT! 


If you ever find yourself in this same rut, remember it's okay to fall- just remember to get back up! Do not stay down, claw your way back to your goals. 


So with that saaaaid- DnD is back and ready to start this journey over again, and again, and again. No matter how many times I fall off the wagon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment